The Cadillac Area Artists’ Association is an incorporated group of artists who are dedicated to promoting the visual arts in Cadillac, Michigan and the surrounding area. We meet each month where we have artist presentations, demonstrations, critiques, or work on creative projects. We have two member display galleries in downtown Cadillac businesses, and we sponsor and organize the Art Fair for the Summer Festival of the Arts. We also offer scholarships to young people studying art.
New members are always welcome! Anyone interested in promoting visual arts in Cadillac and the surrounding area may attend a meeting and see if this organization is right for you. We are committed to ensuring community involvement in appreciation of visual arts.
New and current members are all asked to fill out a membership form so we can see where your interests lie. This will help us to offer programs that are of benefit to the majority of the membership. In addition, the form asks how you might wish to serve the organization. This is a team effort, and we have many areas ranging from short term to one-shot projects, and/or serving on the board of directors. We encourage you to become an active part of this dynamic organization. Contact us for the current membership application or fill out this form. You can mail to CA3, PO Box 841, Cadillac, MI 49601 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We try to have interesting and informative programs for all visual artists, regardless of media or experience level. When you attend your first couple of meetings, you will be asked to bring a sample of your work to show the membership what you do. All levels of experience are welcome – you do not have to be a professional artist to belong.
- The Cadillac Area Artists Association is a non-profit organization. All dues and exhibit fees are used to fund our own programs along with any community service projects related to the VISUAL arts such as art materials for schools, artists-in-residence, public art projects, Student art program scholarships, etc.
- We are classified by the IRS as a 501 (c) (3) public charity. Private donations to the Cadillac Area Artists’ Association are tax deductible to the extent allowed by current IRS rules.
Where do you meet and how can I join?
- We meet the third Monday of the month at 6:00 p.m. at the Senior Citizen Center, 601 Chestnut Street, Cadillac. June is a picnic, and December is our annual Christmas party.
- Dues are $10 annually. Anyone who is interested in promoting the visual arts in the Cadillac/Wexford County area is welcome to join – whether you are an artist yourself or not. If you are an artist, we would love to see samples of your work; but you need not be a professional, accomplished artist in order to enjoy the many programs and demonstrations we provide. We certainly welcome more active members.
- We usually have a short business meeting and a program of some kind… critiques, videos, sketching from models, guest artist presentations or demos, etc.
Where is your work displayed?
- Brinks Custom Framing on Mitchell street has hosted the display of member artwork in their front windows.
- The Cadillac Historical Museum in the old library building has hosted a displays in conjunction with other cultural events.
- When the opportunity presents itself, we display our work at events hosted by other arts council members, such as the Symphony, Footliters, etc.
- The Summer Festival of the Arts art fair in July hosts the work of approximately 100 artists. This is a juried fair open to anyone who does original fine art or fine craft work.
- We have a group booth at the art fair for members who don’t want or need a whole space of their own.
- Art workshops hosted by the Cadillac Area Artists Association are often available at a reduced rate.
- Our newsletter keeps you informed of upcoming events.
Board of Directors
President – Sue Parker
Vice President – Kurt Burmeister
Treasure – Chris Samardich
Secretary – Sherrie Fuscone
Visit us on Facebook for the latest and greatest on our artists!
If you are already a member, fill out this form to get posted on our website!